Recording the Cantique de Jean Racine – St John’s Choir
1. Print out the music from this link: Cantique de JR
2. For recording, you will need three things:
- a way to play back the click track
- ear buds or headphones to listen to the click track
- a smartphone, tablet or computer to record video
3. Position yourself in a room where your face is well lit, and there is minimal background noise (eg, far from traffic noise, barking dogs or rattlesnakes).
4. If possible, position the camera horizontally. Then frame the image so the bottom of the video is around chest level.
5. The device you use to play back the click track will need to have internet access; if not, you can download the track. Plug in your ear buds or headphones and test to be sure you can hear clearly.
6. At the beginning of the recording, I will ask you to clap on “five”. Then I’ll count 1-2-3-4 and CLAP! This is so that in production, all the videos can be sync’d up to the same spot.
7. Begin recording, looking up at the camera from time to time so that the image is more than just you staring downwards.
8. On the last note, listen and I’ll count it and cut you off, a full measure and a half: 1-2-3-4, 1-2-andOFF. Then stop the recording.
9. To submit your video, go to https://www.dropbox.com/request/Fi6F5d0MeOaCm1d6H0C8 and upload your file (it could take 10-15 minutes). Please name your file NAME-PART … so for example, Pascal-bass.
10. If you have questions, either Cara or I would be glad to help.